This week's sketch theme is....

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Umbrella Academy: Spaceboy & The Rumor



This week's theme is my choice: The Umbrella Academy. It's a series from Dark Horse, by My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way and Casanova artist Gabriel Ba. I'd always heard good things, but only recently checked out the series for myself. I tore through both volumes--and they're some of my favorite comics in recent memory.

Anyway, I chose to draw two members of the Academy--the Rumor & Spaceboy. I love Spaceboy's look--a guy transplanted into the body of a gorilla--how could that not be cool? And since I'd already drawn the White Violin once before, I wanted to try a rendition of the Rumor.

I highly recommend this series--I can't wait to read more Umbrella Academy comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment