This week's sketch theme is....

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mad Max

One image has always stood out apart from all the Mad max movies and the myriad of pretenders.  That of a man...handcuffed to a bomb...with a hacksaw...and the words "Bone cuts faster than metal."  I see this as the pivotal moment in the movie when we are set down face to face with just how brutal the world has become.
It still gives me shivers to this day.

By the way.  My name is Roger A Wilbanks.  I am a native Dallas, Texan (I loathe the word Dallasite) who writes and draws comics.  I don't do this for a living yet.  But I see that as a formality.  I do a webcomic called The Portland Express ( http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Portland_Express/index.php ) but It's not my only project.  Like most writers, and I do consider myself a writer foremost, I have a million ideas and projects.  I have made it my goal to see as many of them to print as I am able before being swept off this rock as is humanly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment